Saturday 21 April 2012

Thats Entertainment


808 State. Black Grape. Blur. Ian Brown. The Charlatans. The Coral. The Enemy. The Farm. The Futureheads. Gorillaz. Happy Mondays. Housemartins. Inspiral Carpets. James. Kasabian. The La's. Madness. Manic Street Preachers. New Order. Oasis. The Seahorses. Shed Seven. Suede. Supergrass. What's this? Thats Entetainment.

That is just some of a few artists whose work I've picked up from the store that is That's Entertainment. Dealing in used CDS/DVDs and selling from 99p up, most £1.99 (or 3 for a fiver), it's enabled me to expand my CD collection dirt cheaply. Some from the list, like Kasabian, were important albums that I hadn't bought as I couldn't warrant spending a tenner on a CD brand new. So £1.99 each used? Bang on. Other artists like Blur, Mondays and Oasis I grew up with and already had several albums, but has enabled me to get 'lesser albums' (Oasis Be Here Now and Standing On...) or rarer ones (Mondays Rave On EP) rather than just the best sellers or greatest hits.

They seem to be situated in the North (Metro Centre, Newcastle, North Shields and York were about 60% of the companies stores last year) but with the likes of HMV struggling and the recession biting it wouldn't surprise me if they expand. Saying that I was gutted to visit the Metro the other day and find it closed. Was genuinely upset. I told the wife who kindly informed me that they've now branched out to on tinterweb. So had a look. Thousands of bargains there and free P&P. So Gorillaz Plastic Beach and Wonderstuff's Greatest are wending their merry way to me for £3.98.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Henri Lloyd Consort

 Suitable for the sea, Sardinian sandwich shops and soccer stands of Sheffield. Henri Lloyd RWR is one of Mr Strzelecki’s signature pieces i...